The Sony RM-IP500 compact remote controller features a high-quality joystick that allows effortless one-handed pan, tilt and zoom adjustments of compatible Sony PTZ remote cameras. Zoom can also be controlled via the joystick or a supplementary seesaw lever; dedicated knobs and control buttons simplify direct access to frequently-needed camera functions.
The RM-IP500 simplifies the building of cost-effective multi-camera content creation systems with a wide range of applications - houses of worship, broadcast studios and education institutes.
PTZ speed can be adjusted from slow to fast for more polished, professional-looking results. Up to 100*¹ combinations of camera angles and settings can be stored as presets. Trace Memory*¹ allows a sequence of camera moves to be stored and recalled whenever required.
Up to 100 compatible Sony BRC or SRG Series PTZ remote cameras can be controlled over a standard IP network. Set-up's simple: the controller automatically assigns IP addresses to connected Sony PTZ cameras on the network, also assigning a camera number to each.
Full compatibility is provided with these Sony PTZ remote camera models: BRC-X400 *3 , SRG-X400 *3 , SRG-X120 *3 , BRC-X401 *2,*3 , SRG-201M2 *2,*3 , SRG-HD1M2 *2,*3 , BRC-X1000, BRC-H900, BRC-H800, BRC-H780*², SRG-360SHE, SRG-280SHE*², SRG-300SE, SRG-300H, SRG-301H*², SRG-120DH, SRG-120DS, SRG-120DU, SRG-121DH*², SRG-HD1*².
The RM-IP500 is an ideal partner for the Sony MCX-500 Multi-Camera Live Producer, creating a complete IP streaming and SD recording solution for a wide range of content production applications.
The RM-IP500/1 is a US/Canada model which is bundled with the AC-UES1230MT AC power supply and cord. In all other regions the AC power supply and cord are sold separately.
- High-quality control of PTZ functions: It's easy to achieve professional looking productions, with joystick adjustment of pan and tilt, plus zoom control either via joystick or a separate seesaw lever. Adjustable speed control of PTZ allows smooth, acurate camera movements.
- Control up to 100 BRC or SRG cameras via IP: The remote controller allows control of pan, tilt, zoom and other functions of up to 100 Sony BRC or SRG Series PTZ cameras over an IP network.
- Simple set-up: System set-up is quick and simple, with automatic IP address assignment of connected cameras and auto assignment of camera numbers. To change the group number, camera number, and IP address assigned to a camera or clear the camera registration auto assigned IP addresses manually from RM-IP500 without using PC will be also supported from Version 2.0.
- Trace Memory *: A sequence of camera moves can be stored for instant recall whenever required. Simple store trace memory function without using Camera Menu will be also available from Version 2.0 for BRC-X1000/BRC-H800 Version 2.0.
- Store and recall camera presets: Up to 100** presets (camera angles and settings) can be stored recalled instantly via the numeric keypad, saving time in multiple camera set-ups.
- Up to 5 controllers can operate on a single network: Up to 5 RM-IP500 control panels can be used on a single network, allowing shared control and simultaneous multi-operator control of large camera systems. In case both RM-IP500 and RM-IP10 are used on a single network, total number of units of RM-IP500 and RM-IP10 available to be controlled is up to 5.
- Tally indicator: Includes Normal Tally/On-Air Tally/Contact Modes.
- Adjust camera paint functions:
- Colour related settings - including black levels, white balance, flicker cancel, detail level, knee point, auto exposure level, iris, gain and shutter speed - can be adjusted directly without needing to use the camera menus.
- Additional ability to use VISCA control: The RM-IP500 can also control up to seven*** compatible BRC or SRG Series cameras over a RS-422
- Selectable ASSIGN items: ASSIGN item is selectable from version 2.0, and additional functions can be assigned to ASSIGN buttons. In addition to backlight/flicker/status display/detail level/knee point/AE level, clear image zoom/Tele Convertor/mode switch of Trace-Preset (mode1/mode2) /ND filter/Picture Profile settings can be assigned. The available function depends on camera specification.
*1 Depends on camera specification. Version up might be required.
*2 China models.
*3 Requires firmware V2.10