The Sony FX9 is a full-frame 6K sensor camera with Fast Hybrid AF, Dual Base ISO and S-Cinetone™ color science. Realize beautiful 4K imagery with the creative freedom made possible by oversampling a huge high resolution full-frame sensor. Capture every detail from the scene with shallow depth of field and stunning bokeh for a truly cinematic look. 15+ stops of dynamic range and Dual Base ISO enable you to capture every nuance, from subtle shadow detail to specular highlights, with an immaculate color palette.
The FX9 revolutionizes full-frame cinematography with peerless ergonomics and advanced technology for on-the-go shooting. The world’s first full-frame electronic variable ND filter transforms possibilities for shooting in variable lighting conditions. Built-in Wi-Fi and 12G-SDI support advanced workflows while the optional XDCA-FX9 extension unit further expands the operational possibilities of the PXW-FX9. Ver.2.0 firmware adds HLG, User 3D LUTs, and more with yet more advanced features still to come.
The camera’s full-frame 6K sensor provides superb recording in DCI 4K, Ultra HD, and HD resolutions. Powerful image processing with debayering and oversampling ensures image quality beyond the limits of conventional Super 35-mm sensors. The back-illuminated CMOS image sensor also uses Sony’s Exmor R technology for improved sensitivity and noise reduction. Compared to a 4K Super 35-mm sensor, the FX9’s 6K sensor has over twice the surface area while providing a wider angle of view and shallower depth of field.
FX9 offers an exceptional 15+ stops of dynamic range—allowing for unprecedented creative freedom in color grading and post. Camera operators can concentrate on framing the scene they want while relying upon the FX9 to capture every nuance and detail using either 4K 4:2:2 10-bit internal recording or 16-bit RAW external recording.* In grading, colorists can find color and detail beyond the normal viewing abilities of the camera operator to create a final image that exactly portrays the mood of the scene.
The FX9 features a base sensitivity of ISO 800, providing the optimal dynamic range for typical documentary applications such as shooting outside or in brightly lit interiors. A secondary High Base sensitivity of ISO 4000 excels in low-light conditions such as early morning and evening shoots while maintaining superb image quality. ISO 4000 is also ideal when using slow lenses. Combining Dual Base ISO with the camera’s electronic variable ND Filter provides superb creative control in almost any shooting environment, with truly next-generation responsiveness to changing conditions.
- 6K Full-Frame "Exmor R" sensor for stunning picture quality
- Phenomenal 15+ stops dynamic range for limitless expression
- Dual Base ISO for stunning images in any light
- Cinematic color science with S-Cinetone™
- Accelerate your workflow with User 3D Luts and HLG
- Selectable Frame Rates in Both Full-Frame & Super 35
- 16-bit RAW capability
- 4-channel audio input and recording
- Capture the action with enhanced Fast Hybrid AF
- Eye AF & Focus Touch Control
- Autofocus with Sony E-mount lenses
- The world's first electronic variable ND filter for full-frame sensors
- Quick menu control with touch operation
- Stable, shake-free handheld footage
- Networked for high mobility with internal WiFi