JBL's JRX225 2-way passive PA speaker gives you professional performance affordably. JBL engineers reexamined every element of the speaker system design, kept everything that makes a speaker perform and sound its best, and redesigned things that don't. For increased efficiency and power handling, the JRX225 sports two 15" low-frequency drivers, each with a 2.5"-diameter edgewound ribbon voice coil that provides more cross-sectional wire area in its voice coil gap than round-wire designs, while a 1" polymer-diaphragm compression driver maximizes high-frequency performance and system reliability.
- Dual JBL low frequency drivers with a 64 mm (2.5 in) diameter edgewound ribbon voice coil
- JBL 2414H-C 25 mm (1 in) polymer diaphragm compression driver
- The advanced network topology crossover design shapes frequency response and delivers coherent summation in the crossover region.
- A "Quasi 3-Way" design offers the extra bass for which a dual fifteen system is designed, but without sacrificing performance in the critical mid-range.
- High-voltage capacitors and inductors with massive cores and heavy gauge wire
- Progressive Transition™ high frequency waveguide
- Enclosure constructed from 19 mm (.75 in) MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard)
- SonicGuard™ protects the highfrequency driver from excess power without interrupting the performance.
- Non-resonant, all-steel handles are used
- 18-gauge perforated, steel grille